The decision to cut down a tree is never an easy one but there are circumstances where it needs to be done when it’s either dying, dead, being structurally compromised by diseases, fungi, rot, infestations or simply if the structural integrity was compromised in a storm or planted in a wrong place next to a building causing foundations damage.
How to know if it’s time to remove a tree?
Check for the six signs of tree damage below to help you determine whether it might be time to remove your tree:
- Heaving soil at the base of the trunk and beneath the canopy
- Decay-producing fungi, such as mushrooms, growing at the base of the trunk
- Chipped or peeling bark and cracks in the trunk
- Cavities in the trunk or large scaffold branches
- Dead or hanging branches in the upper crown
- Fine twigs/branches without living buds/leaves from the top down
Get in touch to schedule a visit or book our tree removal services